April 2015

My lovely cousin needed a box to set her new printer on top so that it doesn’t sit on the floor. I had some time and a lot of scraps sitting around – I quickly threw something together – I’m not a carpenter by all means but I made it work! She absolutely loves it so I’m happy 😉

2015-04-09 11.17.12

2015-04-09 11.22.26

2015-04-13 08.29.20

2015-04-13 08.29.30

2015-04-13 20.21.53


A box fan can be had for around $300 – I can’t justify spending that kind of money on a circulation fan – so I made one from scraps and a circulating fan we found in the attic! This thing pushes some serious CFM!

Just a simple box I threw together along with chicken wire and some electrical work. This cost me roughly $50 to make because I bought the wheel kit and the extension cord.

In this photo, you see the on/off switch? Well a few months later, I added an extra outlet to plug my drill in or my charger etc. It was a convenience factor for when I’m working near the table saw and I need to plug in my jig saw or something..

2015-04-08 11.41.04 2015-04-08 11.49.47 2015-04-09 11.25.52

I’m helping install an I-Beam that is 30ft in length. No one has ever installed one before and so I naturally took the job onto myself and installed it alone. The beam roughly weights 2000lbs. It wasn’t hard to install – the only time consuming part of the ordeal is and was in the PREP work.

I had to make support pillars that would hold the beam to be winched up slowly – 2ft at a time. Here are some photos of my weekend 😉

2015-04-04 07.47.39

2015-04-04 10.47.52

2015-04-04 12.17.28

2015-04-04 12.48.55

2015-04-04 15.25.30


It’s up and sitting on two 6×6 pressure treated beams. It was fun! The house looks incredibly more spacious after the beam was installed!

2015-04-06 16.08.14


Pulling the beam through and setting it on the wall was also tricky but with a winch, you can move mountains!

2015-04-06 08.51.42