So it broke off. 1 out of 3 isn’t bad. I think the other two will fall off with time. I’m sure of it. I already see hairline cracks on the side of the end caps. I’m disappointed in this damn drill press. Everything else works great but Ryobi put on some crappy end caps for the capstan wheel. I think they need to improve on this. Or at least have some good QC over in China.

I fixed the problem without hesitation. Small piece of dowel drilled with a 9/16″ bit makes for a nice snug fit. I added some liquid nail inside the hole to make it adhere to the capstan. I hope it works! The liquid nail I’m currently using, really isn’t that good as the stuff coming out of the caulk gun.






Click Here for video